Health Safety & Environment Excellence – Level 6₹75000
About this course
The course titled “Health Safety & Environment Excellence – Level 6” is suitable for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organizations making routine decisions at work that need a broad understanding of health and safety matters and be able to manage risks efficiently.
Health Safety & Environment Excellence – Level 6 is also appropriate for those boarding on a career in health and safety, providing a valued foundation for further professional education.
Health Safety & Environment Excellence – Level 6 takes a risk management method based on best practice and international standards, such as International Labour Organization (ILO) codes of practice, with special reference to the model proposed in the ILO’s “Guidelines on Occupational Safety and Health Management Systems” (ILO-OSH 2001). Local regulations and cultural issues form part of the study programme where relevant and suitable.
- Obtain A World Recognized HSE Certificate from KEN Institute. The course designed and delivered by Fred Stawitz will give you the best of Occupational Health & Safety training and also gives you an internationally recognized certificate that can be used anywhere in the world.
- Learn through Assignments in our Learning Management Platform.
- A fully online program with LIVE and interactive lectures that provide a “real” classroom experience in a “virtual” environment. No isolated learning.
- Seamless technology that can transmit lecture videos effectively at home broadband connection of 512 kbps.
- User-friendly and easy to use technology interface. No expensive and time-consuming software/ hardware installations required at your end.
- Virtual classrooms allow for active interactions with other fellow students and faculty. Convenient weekend schedules.
- In the event that a student misses a LIVE lecture on the Virtual Classroom for reason(s) beyond his/ her control, students can access the recorded sessions.
- Students on our learning management platform are provided access to program presentations, projects, case studies, assignments, videos and other reference material relevant to the program. Students can raise questions and doubts either real-time during the live class or through the discussion forum.
- Learn from Anywhere – No need to travel to an institute or training centre. The student may learn from the comfort of his/her home.
Key Topic Covered
- International standards for health and safety at work
- Execution of health and safety management systems
- Identification of workplace hazards
- Approaches of hazard control
- Hands-on application of knowledge and understanding
Course Tuition and Private Study Time Requirements
Unit A: 36 hours tuition and 25 hours of private study Total: 61 hours
Unit B: 42 hours tuition and 30 hours of private study Total: 72 hours
Unit C: 2 hours tuition and 5 hours of private study Total: 7 hours
A programme of the study, therefore, needs to be based around a minimum of 80 taught hours and approximately 60 hours of private study for an overall total of 140 Hours.
Quoted hours do not include assessment time, i.e., sitting written examinations or the practical application unit
The syllabus refers to international conventions, standards and UK legislation.
National Occupational Standards (NOS) and best practice
The syllabus is mapped to the relevant National Occupational Standard (NOS):
- NOS for Health and Safety (Standalone units) published by Pro skills Standards Setting Organization.
The classes for this program will be held through LIVE lectures that will be beamed online via KEN interactive digital learning platform. The pedagogy will comprise lectures, interactive sessions and class exercises imparted by KEN faculty in order to help participants gain the knowledge and understanding of important aspects of the course.
All participants will also be granted 24×7 access to KEN learning management platform comprising of learning aids, study materials, reference materials, assessments, case studies videos, and assignments etc. as per the requirement of the program. Students can chat real-time with the professors during the live class and also post all other program-related queries offline, on the KEN platform.
- WHO SHOULD REGISTER
HSE Professionals, Safety Professionals, Health & Safety Professionals
- EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
Indian Student – Graduates (10+2+4) or Diploma Holders (10+3) from a recognized university (UGC/AICTE/DEC/AIU/State Government)
International Student – Diploma or Graduation or equivalent degree in an Engineering discipline from any recognized University or Institution in their respective country.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
Diploma Holders – Minimum 4 years of experience as on 1st March 2019 in Safety / HSE / Health & Safety / Environment field.
Graduates – Minimum 2 years of experience as on 1st March 2019 in Safety / HSE / Health & Safety / Environment field.
Adequate command of spoken and written English.
- INSTALLMENT SCHEDULE (*Optional)
1st Payment – On Enrolment
2nd Payment – Within 30 Days of Enrolment
3rd Payment -Within 60 Days of Enrolment
- LATE FEE
7 Days After Due Date – $ 20.00
10 Days After Due Date – $ 35.00
14 Days After Due Date – $ 70.00
Rejoining After Dropout – $ 70.00
*After 14 days from the due date Participant shall be considered as a dropout.
- REFUND ON CANCELATION BY PARTICIPANt
Request received prior to closure of registration or 10 days before the date of course commencement whichever is earlier.
Indian Student – $ 70.00
International Student – $ 125.00
*In all other cases, no refund shall be made.
The qualification is divided into three units. UNIT A is further divided into five elements and Unit B into two sub-units, B1 and B2. Unit B1 is further divided into three elements and Unit B2 into five elements The matrix below indicates how the syllabus elements map to the relevant National Occupational Standards: • National Occupational Standards (NOS) for Health and Safety (Standalone units) published by Pro skills Standards Setting Organization. The course will be delivered online in the virtual classroom and will be spread over a period of 48 weeks, only on the weekend. Each session on a weekend will cover the topics in an interactive session of 2 hours. The course content would be delivered through PowerPoint presentation, group exercises, videos, and quiz etc., as appropriate. After each part of the program, there will be an evaluation of the learnings of the participants based on objective type quiz. After Part-II, besides quiz questions, the participants will also be asked to prepare a Powerpoint presentation, case studies & practical assignment on various topics, given by the Tutor.
UNIT A: MANAGEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY 0/5
UNIT B: HEALTH AND SAFETY HAZARDS AND CONTROLS 0/3
Unit B1: Health Hazards and Controls
Unit B2: Safety Hazards And Controls 0/5
UNIT C: APPLICATION OF HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT IN WORKPLACE
Minimum unit tuition time: 2 Recommended private study time: 5 Minimum total tuition time: 80 Recommended total private study time: 60 Total overall hours: 140